LASIK stands for laser assisted in situ keratomileusis, which is a laser surgery for correction of eye sight. It was set up in 1900s and everybody is now taking advantage of this surgery. With the help of Lasik treatment, people will no longer have to wear eye glasses or lenses for proper vision. When cornea is misaligned, then your vision becomes blurred or crooked. This happens due to misalignment, the light that falls on retina for image formation is also misaligned. Lasik surgery helps in bringing back the alignment in proper place.
Detroit city, which is densely populated city of Michigan, US, have the best lasik surgeons. There are dozens of hospitals that have the best surgeons and equipment. Alone DMC, Detroit Medical center has around 2000 beds and 3000 physicians. Detroit Lasik surgeons are staffed from Wayne State of University.
Not all surgeons are supposed to be the best of all. Therefore, here are few mistakes that everyone should avoid –
- Avoid surgeons who provide extremely low price for the therapy. If this happens then either your surgeon is inexperienced and is trying to gain patients and experience or they have old equipment and less staff to manage.
- Avoid doctors who have more than one clinic. This is because they will keep moving from one clinic to another and you will never be able to consult them and clear your doubts properly until your surgery day.
- Don’t just trust a hospital just by seeing the number of surgeries carried out there, but you should ask your surgeon the number of laser therapy he or she has performed.
- Remember that, you should be an excellent candidate to undergo the surgery and that can be decided only after doing 12 or 14 tests. Avoid hospitals where nurses commence just 2 to 3 tests and declare you a good candidate.
- Approach a hospital or clinic that contains advanced tools and technology. This can be determined by exploring the hospital before signing the papers.
Find a right surgeon and clinic who can help you in the best manner. Always remember to ask whatever questions you have in mind. A good doctor will never hesitate to answer your queries.