Labiaplasty refers to the cosmetic surgery that reduces the length of the labia minora. It is the fastest growing form of plastic surgery for the women who wants a tight, clean and tucked in the vagina.
The Labiaplasty treatment is used to restructure the labia or reduce them in size. It is sometimes called female genital plastic surgery, female vaginal rejuvenation surgery, and designer vagina surgery.
A Labiaplasty or labia reconstruction is a surgical treatment that aims to improve the general appearance of the female genitals. It is performed on the inner and outer labia, the folds of skin around the vulva.
Who can do this Labiaplasty procedure?
Labiaplasty is undergone when the women suffer from conditions that affect their genital area and those who wish to simply improve the appearance of the genitals.
Abnormal medical conditions are,
- When a woman has no vaginal passage
- A woman with male characteristics called intersexuality
- Malformation of the fallopian tubes and uterus
- Tearing of vagina due to childbirth
- Reassignment of sex
- Stretching of labia
Labiaplasty is not suitable for a woman who has active gynecological diseases such as cancer or tumors.
Techniques that are used in Labiaplasty include
- Laser Labiaplasty
- De-epithelialization technique
- Central wedge resection technique
- Edge resection technique
One of the earliest and simplest techniques is removing the projecting tissue along the line. The next technique is processing in the central position or even in the portion towards the rear. In the flap technique, the excess remaining skin is pulled down to obtain a nice and smooth surface.
The simple removal creates a scar line along the outside edge that might be irregular or even feels uncomfortable. But the wedge removal produces a more natural edge and the scar is hidden from view and from irritation.
The recovery period for Labiaplasty is usually fast and it is none complicated. Most patients are able to return to their daily routine in three to four days.
There is no compulsory age requirement for this treatment. But patients should have the capacity to understand what is about to happen and also be able to take care of themselves after the treatment.
Benefits of Labiaplasty surgical procedure
- Reduced chafing and pinching sensation
- It decreases the pain or provides comfort while wearing tighter-fitting garments
- Increases the confidence level
- The appearance of the female genitalia is less prominence
- It reduces the uneasiness and discomfort during sexual intercourse
Some of the risks in Labiaplasty are,
- Labial asymmetry of the vagina
- Irritation in the genital area
- Permanent scarring
- Increase or decrease the genital sensitivity
During puberty or pregnancy, there may be some changes in the tissues based on the natural change the body goes through in response to hormones. Labia reduction is a great treatment for women are more conscious about their vaginal appearance or to get cured of physical discomforts.