Facial or skin rejuvenation is a cosmetic treatment, which aims to restore a youthful appearance of face. There are surgical as well as non-surgical ways to achieve this. Surgical procedures restore facial symmetry through targeted procedures and facial reconstructing and skin alterations while non-surgical procedures target specific depths of facial structures and treat facial concerns like wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, and scars.
Procedures which fall under –
- Surgical or invasive facial rejuvenation are forehead lift, Blepharoplasty, rhytidectomy, chin lift, and neck lift.
- Non-surgical or non-invasive facial rejuvenation are chemical peels, neuromodulator, dermal filters, photo rejuvenation, laser resurfacing etc.
But how to decide if which one is better option for the person?
To understand this one need to summarize both types of skin rejuvenation –
- It is the option more suitable to the person how wants more dramatic changes in their appearance or to the person who have more signs of aging over large area. Also in case the implants are desired like breast implant then obviously surgical procedure is of use.
- In the cases of breast reduction and nose reshaping, surgical procedures are used.
- Fat grafting, which is an effective and natural method to temporarily restore a fuller is another surgical procedure.
- Surgical procedures generally use anesthesia and have a longer recovery period than that of non-surgical procedures.
- Most common surgical procedures used are Breast augmentation, nose reshaping, eyelid surgery, liposuction, and facelift.
- These procedures are also called as non-invasive or minimal-invasive procedures
- These procedures doesn’t require surgical incisions obviously or general anesthesia.
- The most popular non-surgical procedures now-a-days are Botox, laser hair removal, soft tissue fillers for wrinkles, chemical peels and Microdermabrasion to improve the texture of skin and remove wrinkling, scarring and discoloration.
- These techniques are effective in the case when there are soft signs of aging i.e. not too much.
- Most common non-surgical procedures are Botox, soft tissue fillers, chemical peels, laser hair removal etc.
So both surgical and non-surgical procedures have their own specialties, and which one is better for you, depends on what your body needs and what do you want. Many patients find combination of both types of procedures giving them a benefit.